Monday, May 27, 2013

A real holiday

We are fortunate to have a holiday like Memorial Day in honor of those who serve our country.  We as a country probably don't do enough for our veterans but I'd like to think we are getting better and better.

Today was a holiday in every sense of the word.  While I got up for a bike ride, that was really the only thing on the schedule today.  We met some people afterwards and they invited us to a little breakfast joint in Pharr so of course we said yes.  It was called Fernando's and it was notable for the excellent and large flour tortillas served.  It was busy since lots of others were off today but it was no big deal since I had no plans.

In the afternoon, I was around the house.  Everyone was gone so I washed Sarah's car, swam, read, napped, walked to the store and made dinner.   It was quite a day and my mind was very clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment