Saturday, August 9, 2014

Summer 2014 - so far

I was recalling that it has been a really nice summer so far.  Starting it off in Maui was a great thing and there have been other cool places.  We've been to Las Vegas and we are in Austin now.  This trip has been nice in that it has been somewhat relaxing.  Our friend Larry got the Pioneer Award from the Texas Association of Broadcasters and we had a good group here to celebrate.

Then on Friday, I had arranged to play golf.  He couldn't make it so I carried on with a round of golf at the UT Golf Club.  I played with Oscar and he liked it a lot.  We had a forecaddy who was named Andrew.  He was a good guide for us.  Oscar had to leave after 9 holes but Andrew and I carried on and the second nine was even better.

The trip last week to Dallas and then Shreveport was a good one as well.  It was nice to see Jeff and Brittany as well as Joe and Sandy and Richard  and Lisa.  We had a lot of fun with the River Cities Triathlon, enjoyed spending time together.  I also got to see my friends Erich and Karola and  their new house in Celina, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment