Monday, February 2, 2015

Utah Ski Trip 2015

There have been many times in my life that I couldn't have imagined how the future would really turn out.  Usually, I realize that there really is a grand plan for all of us and we really do see through the glass darkly.

With the untimely and tragic death of my good friend Paul in October, we lost not only a light of the world, but also someone who we had gone on many ski trips with.  Paul was both an avid and accomplished skier.  We wanted to press on with the trip that was planned even back in October.  I had the good fortune of having his brother Kyle as my sidekick in this group of 6.

Kyle is his own man and I can tell you a lot more about him now.  He's easygoing, he's friendly to all, he's practical and knowledgeable.  He's an actual Boy Scout Leader!   Who wouldn't want to travel with someone like that?

But he's also Paul's brother, and many things he said, things he liked, memories he had, reminded me so much of Paul that it was like Paul was still there.  That gave me so much pleasure during the trip it's hard to describe even now.    And to think that before October I had not met nor even had plans to meet Kyle.    It was really a beautiful continuity, like seeing a sunrise after a dark night.

Oh, and the skiing?  Great as always.


But I might be getting a bit older.  After 2 nights, I had to take a break for the day.  Kyle took the day off from skiing too and we really enjoyed hanging out and going to the Sundance Film Festival.  Thursday and Saturday we did ski at Brighton and conditions were very good.  Sat. Afternoon, all 6 of us skiied together until 4 p.m. and it was a great afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. The ski trip was great. It was bittersweet at times as the trip was originally organized by Paul. I am glad everyone encouraged me to go. I had a great time and I enjoyed getting to know you and the guys on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the adventure trip you can also have the joy of the adventures like trekking on the beautiful and adventurous hills. This will make you able to have a lot of joy with your group. This will also help you to make many new friend during this adventure. This will m ake your adventure trip memorable.

    ReplyDelete