Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day 2015

It's a nice summer day off from work.   I have not done too much today - but I have gone for a run followed by a cooloff in the pool.  Now I am working on my book.  The end is in sight for that 2 year (or a lifetime) project.  I gave the first 3 chapters to my friend Paul and he added how one of the characters had a pet monkey.  This is fiction, after all.

Yesterday we had our Fantasy Football draft - hard to think it was 10 years ago when Mark B. suggested we get a league going.  It has been a lot of fun, even after time has taken a toll on the group:  we've had moves, divorces, cancer, people come and go for all reasons.  But its been a good glue for a disparate group.

Saturday, Susan and I went to the outlet mall for some shopping.  We went early so there were not many people there.  All the summer things were on sale, so it was fun.  Of course, I bought a jacket for the cool weather whenever it gets here, I'll be ready.  Reminded me of the jackets I wore when I was a teenager, so I couldn't resist.


No comments:

Post a Comment