Sunday, March 25, 2018

Still working to help the RGV

I read an interesting article about Judge Andrew Hanen.  We both moved here to the Valley from Houston in 2002.  I had one of my first cases in his court.  I was glad that I had gone to meet him before.  He was a very prominent lawyer in Houston before becoming a judge.

Today I read that he is transferring back to Houston.  "People forget I've been in Brownsville for 16 years" he said.  But that is not a long time to people who parents, grandparents and more all still are here.

So while I wish him well, I'm glad to say that there is still work for me to do here.   I just wrote a letter of recommendation for a person to join the LVN to RN program.  I just encouraged a young friend that his goal of having his own restaurant was closer than he thought.  We've got a medical school to bring up.  We've got 25,000 students in McAllen ISD that need to learn in a safe environment.  We've got veterans who need driven to the cardiologist.

As I say, This Is Home Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment