Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Madness

Tonight was very enjoyable. I got home and decided... to stay home. I fixed dinner, and watched the basketball games. I did some pushups, sit ups in the front of the TV, getting my "strength workout" in.

The new license plates came in and Mike from my office went to get them. I put them on and they look great. When Sarah got home, she thought I had gotten a new car.

I've always liked license plates. When I was in grade school, I used to visit my neighbor down the street, Mr. Bob Cummings. He was a nice older man, grown kids. He had his old license plates from 1972, 1973 on the wall of his garage. That was back when you got new plates in different colors every year. He also had a refrigerator in his garage stocked with Frostie root beer. It was always fun to go over then on a Saturday morning.

When I was in high school, I enjoyed looking for license plates to identify cars of people I knew. I must have known over a hundred different ones. Its like remembering old phone numbers now: "My old truck was PC-1781... now why did I walk into this room?'

I finished off the night by washing Susan's car and gassing it up in preparation for our drive to Austin this weekend. We may have dinner with our state senator while we are there. I also have a great golf game set up at the Austin Golf Club. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment