Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11

It seems like a lot has changed in the 10 years since 9-11-2001. Sarah was 7, now she's 17. We then lived in Houston, we're now in McAllen. But watching the old news clips, it seems like it just happened.

I went to church today and remembered the Friday National Day of Prayer back on Friday, September 14, 2001. It was a special day and it was a nice memory today.

This weekend, there was a bike ride Pedal Against Child Abuse and I did the 25 mile ride for speed. Never would have done it that way without coaching. And it was a good ride. Averaged 16.2 mph and also rode to and from the Municipal Park start.

I've been trying to reduce my driving. Today the coach wanted us to go to South Padre Island but that was too far for me and I did the swim here after church. Afterwards I made lunch at home and then went to the golf course. I did also get to watch the Texans score a big win over the Colts to start the season off very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment