Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3

The 2012-13 NFL season is done:  Ravens beat 49ers in the Super Bowl (47) in what was called the longest final 2 minutes ever.  Seemed that every game this season came down to the final seconds and this one was no different.

Saturday was a nice day outside.  I started it with what was to be a 2 hour run.  It turned into 13 miles and tool 3 hours with a nice "coffee break" in the middle when I saw my friends Julie and Jennifer.  We checked out the new Town Lake and farmer's market at Fireman's Park.  Then I saw my friend Frank and got to run with him and catch up.  Always good to see him.

In the afternoon I played 17 holes of golf.  Playing with Larry and Barry, they like to skip around.  After they played 8 holes I caught up with Oscar and Co. and played the last nine.  Couldn't get the chips close or the putts to fall and shot what would have likely been a 97.  Pretty high but still a fun day.  Weather was just too good to be anywhere but outside.  When I got home I cooked outside of course.

Sarah was home this weekend and we watched Return of the King which was a good finale to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment