Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break

This spring break week has gone fast with Sarah being home.  When we went to orientation, we received a book on parent adjustment to having a college student.  One of the chapters was called "Just when you get used to them being gone, they're BACK".  That has been prescient.  Not a bad thing,   But there has been a schedule adjustment.  For example, at 10:45pm when I'm thinking of getting ready for bed, she's going over to Danielle's house for a few hours !

Anyway today is Saturday and I decided to catch up on some sleep.  It's been great weather this week.  I got new tires put on Sarah's car so she's ready for the highway tomorrow.  Already planning on helping her move out on my birthday May 11.  I remember moving out of my freshman dorm very well - that must have been around June 1 or 2 of 1984.  I recall it as a nice sunny day and that I saw the movie Footloose that night before.  It was definitely a nice sign of relief for freshman year to be done with.

I suppose she is feeling the same now.

No comments:

Post a Comment