Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stanley's Triathlon

Today was the Stanley's Triathlon, named after a guide dog named Stanley.  The event was to benefit a guide dog charity.  So it was an early start leaving the house at 0600.

The event was a 300 M swim, then a 14 mile bike, then a 2 mile run.  I thought I performed well on all three legs particularly the swim and the run.  But my cycling is just not as fast as some.  My time was 1:20 which I thought was good.  But I was still 5 of 5 in the age group.

Several of the others in the group got 1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards.  So many of them that I felt like the time when I was at a Boy Scout awards ceremony and it seemed like everyone got something but me.

But I didn't start the day looking for an award.  I participate for the company, the fitness and the fun.  And I think that I am a good positive influence to everyone else.  So that's my true purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment