Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cutting the Caffeine

Going to the doctor last week, I received some unexpected news:  anxiety he said... cut back on the caffeine.

I think I would have rather been diagnosed with a rare tropical disease at that point.  We had talked about caffeine before so I guess it should not have been a great surprise.

So I've been investigating caffeine again.  Thanks to portions going out of control, and likely caffeine content, I'd been ingesting a fair share.  A Grande Starbucks brewed coffee?   330 mg.  Compare to a cup of green tea 25 mg.  12 oz Coca-Cola, 34 mg.  Those cups of coffee just get larger and larger.

So far, I've think I've brought it down.  No cold turkey but steps in the right direction.  Today I've had 1 green tea, 1 8 0z. coffee, 10 oz. Coca-Cola.   A lot better than 6 cups of coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment