Monday, June 20, 2016

Surgery today

JoAnn had surgery today and it was my first experience with that.  After I dropped her off, I hung around the hospital until it was clear to go outside.  There, I met Homer who was waiting for his mother there.    He was about the same age as me and we had a long talk about mothers, and life and it was good to have someone to share some important thoughts with.

Then I ran into Sammie who was waiting in her car for her friend who lived in the same park resort.  She was part of the Choctaw Nation so that license plate caught my attention.  She said her friend had no family here so she was with her friend for support.

Both Homer and Sammie were outside smoking because there is no smoking inside anymore.  I was glad to make their acquaintance and have someone to discuss these matters with.  We're all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment