Sunday, September 25, 2016

Great hunting

Years ago in 2005, I was dove hunting with Dad Sales and his good friend T.J.  The doves were flying like never before.  I was loading, shooting, picking up birds with no break.  As it was going on, I thought "This is going to be a day that we talk about for a long time".  It was and still is.

Yesterday, I went dove hunting again.  It was different, but still a day that we'll remember.  There was a lot of shooting for sure, but not much killing.  We certainly missed more than we hit.  But there was plenty of ammo, no rush to leave, the Auburn v. LSU game on the radio, shade from the truck, some snacks and drinks to pass the time, the sun lowering, and good company with Jaboney and Eric.

I came home with all of our 23 birds, with the job to clean them all.  I did that and when done, I was tired, dirty and dehydrated.  That's usually the sign of a good day outside.  This should be another good day of hunting to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment