Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20 - a favorite day of mine

As you can expect, today is September 20.  Why is that such a great day?

To start, its the equinox date from summer to fall (generally).  Fall is coming.  Now the weather does not change much in Texas now, but still.

My old friend from my first legal job who was Melinda her birthday is today.  I recall her smile and she was always in a good mood for that special day.   We both helped each other through a tough first job for both of us back in the 90s.

Today is also the opening day for the South Zone dove hunting season in Texas.  Dad Sales introduced me to dove hunting and we looked forward to this date and usually got together about then.  And then my friend Brent and I started hunting together.  And we would usually meet up with our group for a weekend at this time.

And it just has a nice ring to it.  Sarah and Joel's birthdays are on the 20th.  A nice round number.

So... Have a great September 20!  It only comes around once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment