Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Mondays Off

Funny how you remember the days off better than the days of work.  Looking back this year (in reverse order) I did take today off - Tuesday December 27 - to go hunting at the El Cibolo Ranch.  Very enjoyable and a super nice day.  No deer on the ground but I am planning to return.

Earlier this year, I also went hunting on Presidents Day -a Monday in February.  Another blue sky day.

And I did play golf in Laredo on Monday Columbus Day in October.   Again a perfect day.  Amazing how Mondays off are so good compared to Mondays otherwise.  Of course Monday December 26 was a nice day off as well.

Monday in January I went to Chichen Itza in the Central Yucatan Mexico.  Had I done that on the weekend or during the summer... how crowded and hot it would have been.  But Monday in January was very mild and unhurried.

Monday November 14 was a sick day.  While I was not well that day, it was an important day for healing.

Monday in August I travelled to Madison WI and had dinner that night with Sarah.

Monday in May I played golf with Clint after Sarah's graduation that weekend.  Then I drove to Brenham TX and visited my family friends the Hart Family.  Very enjoyable.  I did get to walk around the town square during the afternoon - very uncrowded.

So I've made the most of Monday this year.  And Monday Jan 2 is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment