Saturday, January 21, 2017

10 year plan

My friend Jim had an American Air flight delay and said that "my 10 year plan of owning my own jet has become a 5 year plan."

I currently have an American flight delay myself.  Since I have my blog to write on,I thought I would  work on my own 10 year plan.

It seems a long way away but I a, sure 10 year will come fast - better than not having that time.

So continuing some existing goals is in order.  I hope to complete them in 10 years.  Sounds reasonable.

As far as newer ones, some ideas are:

Having a case go to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans.  Careful what you wish for. That would likely be a result of an earlier loss, or a long shot, or a prisoner case, or something very unusual. It would means going on the road, hostile environment, high stakes.  But I think it would be a good career merit badge.

Now that I think of it, I suppose I could let the local judges know of my interest. They could quickly make it happen.

I don't want a jet.   In fact I don't want many mechanical things that I can't fix easily. That said, if an old car came about, it would be fun to get into the classic car world. I enjoy being around Munoz friend Keith and his friends.  But I don't want to buy my way in, I would like a good opportunity to materialize. Something meant to be.  I'll keep an eye out - not just enough to have an opportunity, you've got to act on the opportunity.

I'll keep in the group - they will likely know of such opportunities

Keeping debt down/zero should be part of the plan.  That would give extra money to spend on opportunities. Investing all that extra does not sound super appealing. It might go down in value or be tied up with high transaction costs to access it.  So cash is king. If I decide to go to another placeI expect it would be a low cost of living place so I don't think I would want/need much

And I'm already in a good place for cost of living.  So keeping the home base here is part of the plan.

I'd like to keep an eye out for opportunities in athlete representation as well as movie production.  Those are somewhat of a flyer ideas but if I can get a single or two and get into the game that would be good.  I don't need a home run to call it a success

And of course my writing I plan to continue.  Again I see that as a chain of singles rather than a home run.  But I figure if I do what I like/ am good at, that good things will come over time- say 10 years.  I just had a good 2 events for my book Hideaway so that will endure.  I expect some real life event to occur and someone in public notes it was just like that in the book.

Check back later this year to see if I ahead of schedule in these goals!




No comments:

Post a Comment