Monday, May 8, 2017

A golf dream

I dreamed that I was playing in a big tournament at the Austin Country Club, home of the Dell World Match Play Championship.  It was not that tournament but one equally as big.   A course I know well - but this was not that actual course.

I was preparing to tee off for my first shot.  I was playing with a competitor who was an aggressive personality.  As I was preparing to hit, he told me that I could not use the ball I was preparing to hit.  Somewhat flustered, I fished around for a different brand, while arguing.  Then he said I was assessed a penalty of loss of the hole.  I countered that you couldn't lose a hole in a stroke play format.  I was heated up.  Not typical.

Then I realized I was set to hit from the wrong hole.  So I made everyone go to the next hole over.  There was a group there we had to get through.  Then the tee area had very little room to swing.  As I was finally about ready to hit the first shot, I thought of how difficult it was going to be to hit a good shot under such stressful conditions.

I woke up before I hit that first shot.

Different from another memorable golf dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment