Thursday, July 27, 2017

Such a Nice Guy

Just finished writing a letter of recommendation for Professor Clopton - here's what I wrote:

But perhaps my highest compliment is that I refer to him as “Professor Clopton” because he reminds me of my esteemed former professor Dr. J.D. Futch III at Washington and Lee University.  They both have that joy of knowledge that cannot be faked.  Ask any alumni of Washington and Lee of the last 50 years and they will know exactly who Dr. Futch is and why that is such a favorable comparison.

And my messages are coming in:  "So nice"  "Good man"

It's a blessing - sometimes it feels like a weight in this world where we root for the R Rated person more than the G rated person.

A subject for a future sermon.   I'm waiting for that opportunity.  Yes, that is very nice of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment