Sunday, July 9, 2017

A good golf round today

I played with Kyle who is a 0 handicap golf - winner of the City Championship and Club Champion many times.  I'm a 10 handicap, meaning he is 10 shots better.
I was playing pretty well.  I started on

hole 11 bogey
12 bogey - 3 putt
13 bogey
14 bogey
15 par
16 par
17 bogey
18 bogey

I was driving the ball well - hit every fairway and got progressively longer.  After a while Kyle said that I was keeping up with him "Mano a Mano".  On 18 he asked, what are you doing today that is making you do so well?  I had to think ( a good question) and I thought that it had to do with:

I had a sufficient time to warm up
Good nutrition and not so hot that day
A good upper body workout on Saturday - the dumbbell upright row was particularly golf -friendly.
I also think the new Ping Glide 54 wedge I got helped - particularly since I practiced with it


Even thought I bogeyed 18 I still beat Kyle on that hole since he was behind a tree - he should have hit the fairway like I did.

So it was a good day when you keep up with a much better player.




No comments:

Post a Comment