Thursday, January 18, 2018

Last Day of 2017

Today is New Year's Eve and a Sunday to boot, so it is a nice day to consider the year and all that has occurred.  And to make some plans for 2018

Some of the high points of 2017 were:

Sarah and Travis getting engaged.  Looking forward to the future plans of them.

Decision to form a new law firm - starting next Tuesday.  Getting the office cleared out and ready for new people was like moving.

Remodeling our kitchen/ living area.  Again, that was like moving.  Lots of work went in to that and it looks great.

Three big trips to 2 new states and one new area of Mexico.  There was something good about each trip:  the father/adult son aspect of the college reunion.  The new friend/ new discovery of Alaska.  The  new friends and new activity of the yoga retreat to Isla Mujures.

A lot of personal growth happened this year.  It continues but I think I've crossed the rubicon into my 50s officially and mentally

I've enjoyed my piano playing this year.  I'm glad to put my Yamaha to good use.  This next year I should be ready for my recital.

My public speaking has hit a good level on the Second Amendment and Contacts with Law Enforcement.  I finally have the right topic to be able to discuss that people are interested in.

My writing continues.  I've made good progress on Book #2 tentatively called "Still Patty".  Planning to push to completion in early 2018.  My movie blog is getting better - 69 posts this year and I was just checking - lots of page views this week.  Must be catching on after 5 years.

And of course my Driver X movie.  "My" movie is perhaps an overstatement.  But that involvement has been very significant this year.  As my friend Alex put it, it will now have a life of its own.  And helping to make that happen was very enjoyable in a lot of respects.






No comments:

Post a Comment