Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Piano Lessons

While playing golf with my 71 year old friend Bill, his fellow player Charles asked him in a snide manner "Do you have a piano lesson tomorrow?"

It reminded me of how my "friends" growing up thought of my piano lessons.  Many times, I'd have to come in from outside playing for a piano lesson.  I took lessons from age 8 to 16 so I had a lot of teachers.  Some better than others, we moved several times so there was always a new one.  Some men, some women.

Of course not all other kids appreciated that, including me.  When I was able to make the decision myself, I stopped such lessons.

Now I'm back playing on my own. I enjoy it and have a good base.  But hearing that snide remark brought back a LOT of memories.

I asked Bill "do you really have a piano lesson tomorrow?"  He said yes, that he wanted to learn to play his mother's piano. 

So I'm glad I know how to play.  Even if it was not so easy to learn back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment