Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day

Thinking of fathers today, I guess I am qualified on the topic.  In addition to my own father Ed and my own daughter Sarah, there seem to be many other fatherly figures that deserve a mention today:

In raising my own daughter, I am thankful for the others dads that were there at those points in time.  All of "my tribe" the Indian Princesses of the E.A. Smith YMCA  made a big difference in those formative years.  All the parents from Grace Christian School, North Pointe Elementary, Gonzalez Elementary, Cathey Middle School and IB Lamar.

My father in law David, my grandfather Wilton, my uncle Vernon, gone but not forgotten.

Family friends when I was growing up:  Fred, Glenn, Bob C., Bill N., Tinsley. 

It takes a village.  A lot of fine men through the years.  I hope to carry on the noble tradition.


1 comment: