Wednesday, February 13, 2019

2011 BMW 535i

Yesterday I traded in my old car for a new one.  The trade process was a seemingly long list of all the shortcoming of the car, the dings, the lack of options, the high miles, the repairs deferred, and so on.  That process can get you down - make you think it wasn't such a good decision way back when.

But I recently read that this is a memory bias.  We recall a bad ending without remembering the good things that happened while we were in the present.

So I was thinking of all the good things since March 2013:

Love at first sight:  I thought the black exterior and cinnamon interior was a great combo.  Still do.

The performance all around was excellent: acceleration, top speed, handling, ride

The brakes saved me on at least 1 occasion: it really would stop on a dime

The car protected me well in a rear end collision.  The headrest had an airbag that kept me from whiplash.

Everybody loved the GET X license plate.  That will be kept.

I recall driving on SH 130 to Austin at 90 mph sustained in the 85 limit.  That's an intense experience.
You've got to keep the momentum going.

I always like the 5 series.  I'm glad I got to drive it for so long.

I learned a good amount about the maintenance.  It was mainly trouble free during most the time I had it.

Other cars show it respect on the road - not much tailgating, cutting you off.

I never received any ticket in the car!



No comments:

Post a Comment