Sunday, February 17, 2019

Henry Clay Avenue

A friend of mine just told me he bought a house in New Orleans as a second home.  Since that is a dream of mine to live in a little yellow house in New Orleans, I thought I'd check out his house.  Looking at it on a map, I see that it is just a few blocks over from Henry Clay Ave.

That brought back a memory!  When I was about 21 or so, I long-distance dated a girl from Louisiana that I had met in Austin on New Years Eve 1985-1986.  So this must have been the summer of 1986 when I was visiting.   She had a friend Jimmy who was a "wild and crazy guy".  One night we had driven to New Orleans.  Jimmy had arranged for the two couples to stay at his parent's house, [because they were not there?] 

We ended up in the guest room after a long night on the town and because no one wanted to be alone, I woke up to find that all four of us were sleeping in one bed in the guest room with our clothes on.

The house I remember was very unusual.  It was a large but very old Victorian style home, much different that any home I had ever been in.  We didn't get much of a chance to look around, as I expect we had to clear our of there before his parents found all 4 of us in one bed, 80s movie style!

I can only imagine what I would think if I saw that today.




No comments:

Post a Comment