Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Lion's Muny pricing back when

I never thought I would get here but I have arrived at the point where you remember pricing as being dirt cheap by modern standards.

When I started at Austin High in 1979, I joined the golf team.  One of the requirements was that you have a junior membership at Lion's Municipal which also allowed you to play the other 3 Austin courses, Jimmy Clay, Morris Williams and Hancock.

The cost of a year's membership was $60.00. That allowed for unlimited golf. We played 5 times a week all year long, plus tournaments in the summer.  As an accounting method we signed in each day and paid a Quarter.

Now golf there is still cheap, $25.00 a day during the week.  Can you believe the difference?  Same course, same conditioning.

"Back when I was growing up..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment