Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Uninsured loss

It seems that I left my briefcase next to my car on Monday at 5:00 p.m. when I was leaving to send an overnight package. I drove off with the briefcase still behind.

So when I realized I didn't have it, I calculated what was in it: laptop, city ID, checkbook, and UT football tickets among others.

I've now replaced the first three, and hopefully can get replacement tickets since they were my friend's season tickets. I'm sure this has happened before.

At least it was not worse. Reminds me of friend Roland who got 8 feet of water in his house in New Orleans in Hurricane Katrina. He lost everything, including the house which had to be torn down. He lived in a trailer for a year and a half while his family had relocated to Dallas. So I don't have it that bad.

Home remodel should finish tomorrow. Just in time to get everything back in place for Susan's arrival on Friday night. She is in San Francisco this week. Today she walked across the Golden Gate Bridge which I thought was super cool.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That's horrible. Glad you were able to replace some of the things.. What about the work on the laptop? Did you have it backed up?

    And yeah.. it helps to keep things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete