Saturday, April 9, 2011

Great day

I got up early today to run the Good Samaritan 5K. There were a lot of people from church there so that was fun. A lot of people said "Remember me?" I ran into Tina who is our friend Rene's sister in law. Also I saw Tony who ran the Austin Marathon as "Greg". Also his wife Melissa who I had me (she reminded me we had met when she was married to someone else !) And their friend Rose. Running the race, I spotted two of the kids that were running. A boy and a girl, neck and neck. Then the boy stopped to walk. So I thought I would run with the girl to make sure she finished and won. Ania G. did great, and finished strong, winning the U-13 girls, first place. Afterwards she and her mom thanked me for helping which was really nice. It was great to see her smiling up on the podium getting her medal. I came in 3rd in the mens' 40-49 (Tony was first). We all then went for breakfast. I received a call that there was a golf game at noon. I happened to have my clubs and clothes in the car, so I didn't have to go home and hit the links with the gang of Larry, Barry and Kyle. We had a good time and I shot 89 so it was a fine day. We ended going to dinner at a new place Cappellini's which has relocated from Reynosa, Mexico. Then I went with Sarah, Nicole, Oscar, his mom, dad, 2 brother and 1 girlfriend to see Hanna, which I liked. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment