Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back online

I've just received back my new laptop from Richard and it is working just fine. So I'll be able to get back in the swing of things after the Great Laptop Theft in Houston. Imagine the danger of parking your car in your parent's driveway and being there the whole time. Never would have thought it was a danger there, but ... assume nothing.

On to good news. My golf career is booming. On Friday I shot 79 at Cimarron, my best round in 10 years. I played with our new Rector, Father Jim. I played so well I can't remember when I had another, but it has been a while. I hit the ball well but most importantly got a few good breaks: made a long putt for par on # 4, chipped in for par on # 9, birdied # 18 with a career shot to the green.

Even better, I just heard today that I won the Ben Cox 108 Raffle, actually one of the prizes. There are 86 and I have pick # 10. So its a great combination of top golf and fantasy football drafting. Looks like I might get to select a great course in California.

So I had been thinking I would win both the Houston Marathon lottery and the golf raffle and I did! As I read, nothing good will happen until you believe that you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment