Friday, July 22, 2011

Landa Park, New Braunfels

Tuesday, after staying the night at Clint's house, I left for home, after a week's vacation. My plan was to stop in New Braunfels to play the Landa Park golf course which I had seen many times but never played. It was a good plan since I had all day to get home.

I got to the park at 11 and proceeded out. The clubhouse was a fairly new building, but the course was a classic WPA design from the 1930s. Stone works were around. The course was fairly short by modern standards but still plenty hard. Several holes went back by the Comal River which was quite pretty.

It was a hot day of 100F so by the second 9 I was wilting, with breakfast having run out. I laughed that I had seen the course from Schlitterbahn across the river and thought of playing golf many times. Now that I was on the course, I was thinking "It sure would be nice to be in the water on this hot day".

I played the first 9 with Gary who was a local high school player. The second 9 I played with Bill, a future medical student. Bill had played Pebble Beach and Bethpage Black so I enjoyed hearing about those. We thought it funny that I just got back from PB.

No comments:

Post a Comment