Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday

Today was the first day of return from Daylight Savings, so it was nice to wake up when it was light outside. About 7:45 with the time change, falling back. I had planned on not doing much this morning since yesterday, I got up (in the dark) to go meet the group for a 65 minute run in Cimarron, 20 minute drive away.

The other night we were going out and I went out and got some fast food. The Outlaw Spicy Chicken Sandwich. It was good - a calorie bomb as expected. What was not expected was that the next day I told Susan I felt hung over when I got up. "That Diet Coke must have been pretty strong!" she said. But after the day ended, I thought it was a food hangover and we agreed that the calorie bomb must have had something to do with that.

So I've been enjoying some good meals at home and have felt much better. Without the triathlon training, I've been burning less calories and eating less. So it's nice to get active again, after a 2 1/2 week break.

There was supposed to be a meeting at church today. While I thought it was a 1:30, turns out it was a 12:00 so I got there right as people were leaving. I was kind of mad, not really at anyone but myself and the situation. But I stayed and got the information across.

On the bike ride today, we rode into a very stiff wind, and I was only going 9 mph and pedaling as hard as I could, with still keeping the ability to keep going. It was tough, but it reminded me of going up the mountain in Colombia. 6 mph up, 36 mph down. That was worth the effort!

We finished the evening with a good dinner and watching the Amazing Race. Lake Malawi looked a like a very cool place. Next week they go to Denmark. It's cool the local events they find for everyone to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment