Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday night

Its been a busy week and I've been looking forward to having a night at home, so here it is. It's been nice to have dinner and fall asleep on the couch watching TV. Now I'm awake.

Tomorrow I'm set for a 2 hour bike ride and then the McAllen Car Show is going on. I tried to get our Friend to put some of his old cars in the show, but I think he was a bit embarrassed that they were not in tip top shape. I am planning to drive the Corvette on Sunday to do my part to keep that fine car running well.

My friend Mark is putting his 66 Corvette in the car show and he is now determined to drive it more regularly. So I said I'd help him out in that respect. We have a tentative deal to exchange cars for a day.

Next week will have a few vacation days, Wed through Friday and then to the weekend in Salt Lake City. Since I didn't get to go last year, I'm looking forward to this year. The snow report is looking good. Plus I've arranged that we can have dinner at a Diners, Drive-In's and Dives place, the Red Iguana. And pizza at The Pie. So I've learned from the best: if you're going to fly your plane somewhere, you'd better be prepared as to where you're going to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment