Monday, January 30, 2012

Something about me

Today, I had yet another student come by the office, this one, Claudia, to pick up a sponsorship check for her exchange program to China this year. I had met her when I was the visiting lecturer in the UTPA Business Law Class and we have stayed in touch. She recently showed up at the office raising funds for her trip. Since I had a good exchange program experience, I was of course happy to help.

So in the last few weeks (December and January) I've helped a number of students with jobs, recommendation letter, scholarship funds, career advice, actual work and so forth. It's quite an abundance of riches of sorts. One of the students, Luciana, is very accomplished, a Harvard student. I was telling Susan, that of all of the adults, teachers, professors, etc. she knows, she came to me for her recommendation letter. Even Susan was a bit puzzled by that :)

I guess I've got the Je Ne Sais Quoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment