Sunday, June 11, 2017

Anchorage

I arrived in Anchorage, Alaska at their time midnight, my time 3 a.m. on Saturday morning.  No sleeping on the flight to speak of.  I think you know where this is going.

The time change and no darkness (to speak of) caught up fast and Saturday turned into a half day of activity followed by a half day of sleep.  Today is Sunday so I think I might be about caught up.  But I'm still planning to take it easy.

Our trip to Denali got cancelled due to weather.  So we found a bicycle rental store and rented some bikes.  Our plan was to ride the Coastal Trail to Kincaid Park.  But the trial was not so easy, Eric got a flat then lost (temporarily) his phone and so we cut it short after just past Earthquake Park.  Still a good time.  We also found a Pacific Islands heritage festival going on in a local park and got a plate of food for lunch.  Plus entertainment of the local dance troops.  Liked it.

Today, Eric has his conference all day so I am heading out to explore the areas outside of downtown.  Like many cities, the suburbs are where the people and commerce are at.

Tomorrow, we head down to Seward, AK

No comments:

Post a Comment