Friday, June 16, 2017

Cline's Tesoro Station

In Anchorage, after I picked up the rental car, the low tire light was on.  Not wanted to drive to Seward like that, I asked at the Westmark Hotel of a nearby tire shop.  They recommended the Tesoro station at the corner of 5th and Gambell.  "I had some work done there and it was very cheap!" said the front desk clerk.

Going to the station, it was like the old Windsor Texaco in Austin - a small store, two bays with men working inside, free air.  When I couldn't get the gauge right, one of the workers helped me out.  He advised to keep the pressure at 40 psi.   "The sweet spot" he said.   I then manually reset the light and all was well.

I went inside to buy at least a candy bar and soda.  I commented that I liked the old school vibe of the place.  Mr. Cline said "Yeah, it's still the 1970s around here"

Highly recommend this local spot!

Cline's Tesoro
Your Independent Tesoro Dealer
Richard and Wanda Cline
442 Gambell St.
Anchorage, AK 99501

No comments:

Post a Comment