Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bodhi Yoga retreat 2018

August 1-6 was the Bodhi Yoga retreat in Isla Mujeres, Mexico.  My friend Charles said "Aren't you worried about safety?" He then remarked that he was going to Jerusalem for vacation.  So he'd rather be in the West Bank than a Mexican resort.  Not I.

This is the second of 4 retreats that I have been on, the first one was in 2017.  I believe I am rising in seniority, like Camp La Junta, back in the 70s.  It's kind of like camp, with activities planned, lots of people the same age, common meals, water sports, healthy competition, and such.

I gained some good yoga practice knowledge of new poses e.g. pigeon, down dog, pyramid, and so forth.  I like the Yin practice as well.  Our teacher Kristi was there which was a very pleasant surprise.  Other teachers were Anna, Blake and Mel.    As usual, there's about an 80/20 ratio of women to men.  Maybe that will even out as time goes by.

Weather was great, food was plentiful and the hotel staff remembered me and my aura from last year.  So that was cool.  Susan and I had a great time and it was an ideal vacation for both of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment