Sunday, August 20, 2017

Bodhi Yoga retreat 2017

Looking for the ideal vacation for Susan and me, I had the following criteria:

Get away from where people knew us
Do yoga
A healthy eating and living experience.

We had all of the 3 at the Bodhi Yoga retreat - although we did go with a couple that we knew. But they were the type of people to take along, not get away from.

We went to Isla Mujeres, off the Cancun, Mexico coast.  I had been to Isla Mujeres on a boat trip befor but only to the coastline.  I didn't know there were hotels and businesses there.

We stayed at the Zoetry Villa Rolandi right on the water.  We had our own beach and 3 pools.  Most everyone was in the big pool.  Waiter service constantly.  All inclusive food and drink - and the food was excellent.  "Not a buffet in sight" as Susan put it.

I was nervous about doing yoga twice a day but I did all the sessions.  From a tough 75 minute session to a Yin practice (easier) we covered the subject well.  Four different person instructed.  A lot of variety.  Bodhi Yoga in Austin was the sponsor.

We enjoyed meeting a lot of new people, and no one cared what you did or anything like that.  Very refreshing.  We hope to go again.

Our instructor Anna brought her whole family from grandmother to baby.  That was a highlight of the trip.  I enjoyed the family aspect a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment