Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday June 16

Sarah is at IAH now waiting to board a plane for Rome. She's "Already Gone" as the song goes... grown up so to speak. Dad doesn't have much to add at this point.

Needless to say I'm a little distracted. I have been doing some busy work, paying bills, something I'd rather do after hours. But that is how it goes.

I got up early today and went swimming at 0630. Not so easy to get to the pool, 20 minutes away, but it is worth it once you are there. I've been working on the swimming for the Aug. 23 triathlon in New Braunfels. Swimming reminds me of the Houston Country Club swim team "the Flying Fish" when I was 8, 9, 10 years old. I enjoyed it then and even more now. Now I can focus on distance and not so much sprinting.

After swim practice, we'd usually get a Frozen Sunrise (virgin of course) drink from the pool area bartender whose name was Romeo. He worked at the club for 25 or 30 years until he retired. Those were always a welcome refreshment after an hour long practice.

Now my 5 year old niece is on the team. They call it the "Mean Green" now.

I guess they don't use the old cheer:
We are the Flying Fish
Couldn't be prouder
If you can't hear us
We'll yell a little louder

(repeat, progressively louder, until shouting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment