Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rough Start - Smoothing Out

We got back into McAllen from vacation on Monday. Sarah was off all the week so she was home most of the time. Tuesday and Wed. I spent in the office as much as possible. I did attend a funeral at our church on Tuesday. A young man only 18 years old died - suicide. I felt called to go as I did know his parents as members of the church. I did not know him particularly but I am sure I would recognize him.

Thursday and Friday I went to the municipal court. It was nice to get back into the routine. But I still couldn't seem to get much work done there or at the office. There was a lot stacked up and that stress made it hard to focus. On a bright note, Jordan and Marie worked well together as a team. It was good to be a part of that.

I watched the UT/Alabama game Thursday night and seeing the Horns lose in dramatic fashion with Colt McCoy going down early didn't make things better. Last night I planned to relax at home. I watched 2 movies on DVD, Observe & Report and Role Models. Two good comedies. Then I got up early today to run 14 miles in the cold 30F weather. It was great! I thought I'd be cold and tired afterwards but was neither. Susan and I went to the outlet mall in the afternoon and now I'm home watching the Cowboys/Eagles game.

No comments:

Post a Comment