Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday at home

Finally! I didn't spend too much time at home today though. I left the house at 0620 for my marathon training run. We went to the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge which was the first time I had been there. Reminded me of a summer camp with the buildings, trails, smells, etc.

It's a famous place for birding and did not disappoint. I saw a vermillion flycatcher, an oriole, ducks, red wing blackbirds and even a bobcat.

We ran the 7 mile loop three times for a 21 mile run. So I'm ready for Austin in 2 weeks.

Afterwards, Daniel, Kristi, Wendy and I went to Le Peep for a late brunch. Lots of fun. Then I had to go get my tire fixed as I hit a pothole last night and it flattened my tire. Got it replaced under warranty so I made money on that one. Buy the Discount Tire certificates when you have expensive tires!

No comments:

Post a Comment