Wednesday, December 28, 2011

San Antonio

Today I came to San Antonio for an end-of-the-year client dinner. Glenn and I went to Texas de Brazil, for the full Rodizio experience. I had been to Texas de Brazil in Addison and the San Antonio version is as good, if not better. There is a large wine selection and the hostesses double as "wine angels" doing aerial tricks with harnesses and wires. You'd have to see it to believe it, but it is very cool and beautiful. Food of course is outstanding. And the restaurant is in an old historic building so they did a great job with it.

I did a little work at home before leaving about 10:30 and got here just in time to play 9 holes of golf at Brackenridge. I teamed up with Bill Burnett and John Bell who were enjoyable partners I met. I didn't hit any super shots but it was great weather and very nice to be out. I guess I could have played 9 holes and had a steak dinner in McAllen, but I am confident it would not have happened otherwise. So it was nice to get away. The drive were smoothly as well. I even ran into my friend Jimmy K at the Whataburger in Alice. That was fortuitous since I had been thinking of calling him. "I figured I'd just run into you at the Whataburger."

I had talked to Glenn about watching the Holiday Bowl (UT v. Cal) after dinner but after we went to 2 very crowded places we decided to call it a night. We both figured it would be better to watch in the comfort of home. Plus the TVs there were tiny. You know you're getting older when your TV at home is bigger than the ones at the bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment