Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day and a nice day of rest from yesterday's graduation brunch.  Now it would not seem that attending a brunch would be something to rest from, but when it is YOUR graduate, there are lots of emotions and feelings.  We did have a very nice time and there was a good crowd.  The kids took one table, and the adults scattered about.  Sarah made a slide show of old photos and thanked Susan and me as her parents.  I didn't cry... at least outward... but I was certainly ready.  Seeing the old photos and many more recent ones sure made me think how many years had gone by and how quickly they went.

The Chippewa Tribe is getting together for a pool party today in Houston.  It'd be great to be there, but I think I've decided that being home in the heat of the day is a good idea.  Sarah had to go to school today and Susan took the opportunity for a half day of work.  So it is just me at home.  We are going to see "What to Expect When You're Expecting" later today at 4:45 and then this evening, watch the Heat v. Celtics.  There is playoff basketball on every night this week.  Perfect!

Lots of my friends are in Austin today for the Cap Tex Triathlon.  I've done that the past 2 years and it was a real event.  It's good they are doing it, but I'm plenty happy at home now.  I'll let someone else have some of the fun this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment