Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

A day of peace and quiet today.  Just what Mother ordered.  We were mostly around the house today, and I spend a good part of the day getting ready for dinner at home tonight.  Jack and his mother Laura came over for dinner and we had grilled chicken kebabs and shrimp, roasted vegetables and kale salad.  The recipe from Martha Stewart was a hit: everyone liked it.

I went to see the movie Cabin in the Woods last night and liked it:  three stars.  It kind of reminded me of an R-rated Scooby-Doo episode.  I wonder if others got that same vibe?

Today I not only did some lap swimming but also so pool lounging with my friend George at his house.  That was quite relaxing.  I also got the Shelby charged up and took it for a drive to get a soda this afternoon.  Carroll Shelby died this last Friday so that made me think a memorial cruise was in order.

Speaking of Memorial, we went to see the volleyball team play on Saturday.  Even though its off season the teams still get together unoffically and play.  We played McAllen Rowe and then Mission Veterans.  They lost both sets but didn't have their best player, my sponsored athlete Nina, and they had two new members.  So it was neat to see them play.   Better than an afternoon on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment