Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kingsville - May 30

I'm here in Kingsville tonight after a trip to Corpus Christi today for court.  A good drive up this morning, leaving SBUX at 8:45 coffee in hand and arriving at SPID by 11:30 a.m.  Perfect timing.  We had a 1:00 court date and we were out of there by 1:30.  A productive day, keeping the ball moving forward.  Then I decided to do a little shopping at Academy in Corpus before driving to Kingsville.   I got word that I needed to send a check out, so I hit up the Kingsville Post Office (the Irma Rangel Branch) and got it done.  Did you know a stamped envelope cost 56 cents?

Across the street from the Post Office is the renovated passenger train station.  It was 5 minutes to closing time when I saw it but it looked like some place to come back and visit.  Very interesting the things you can see when you are not in a hurry.

Tomorrow is the big IB Pinning.  I'm speaking for 2 minutes on behalf of the Friends of IB.  Last year Julie did the talk and this year, I asked if I could do it.  So that will be my highlight.  I hope to send everyone off with a rousing high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment