Monday, September 17, 2012

King of the Causeway triathlon

Race results here:
http://www.athleteguild.com/triathlon/south-padre-island-tx/2012-king-of-the-causeway-triathlon/results?cnt=25&did=D-1161&gender=M

The results were not as specific as I would have liked to see.   I was 7 of 10 in the age group but still was proud of how I did because:

I was able to accelerate on the swim when it got crowded and finished strong
I did the bike course as fast as I ever had
I finished the run in a good regular pace

One hitch was that the bike course was not well marked and I rode 2 miles past the turnaround, adding an extra 4 miles to the course.  So that messed the time up a little (maybe only 5 minutes).  But I never would have thought that to be a problem for a middle of the packer like me.  Live and learn.

Now, its recovery time!

No comments:

Post a Comment