Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Blondie + Garbage - Friday Aug 11 - Austin ACL Live

Thanks to Bob FM 103.5, I won 2 tickets to Blondie with Garbage opening.  I had signed up months ago primarily because the ACL Live theater is a great location.  And I won.  So, be sure to enter those contests.

Kyle came down from Arlington for the show.  We recalled Blondie from the early 80s.  We didn't know much about Garbage from the 90s since we were changing diapers at that stage in life.

A great mini weekend.  Thursday night, we had dinner at the Yard House (brewpub) and then walked around the Rock Rose section of the Domain.  Like a little 6th St.  I would not have done that otherwise.

Friday I took Kyle to golf at Lions Municipal, my old home course.  I had fun telling everyone about "there used to be a tree there" and such.  Kyle said he could tell it was a special place for me.

The show was very good.  Blondie is now in their 70s primarily and you have to remember how cutting edge they used to be.  The crowd really liked "The Tide is High".  I wanna be your number 1.  Garbage reminded me of Evanescence, which was a good comparison.  I thought Shirley Manson was a great lead, and the show had a nice arc to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment