Monday, August 28, 2017

In Your Dreams

One of the problems in writing down your dreams is what Freud realized - it's your unconscious mind at work, and usually about things so personal to you (e.g. sex) that the dreams are repressed, forgotten as it were, but still there.

Writing these dreams down is like opening yourself up, in a way you might not want to share.

Last night:  I dreamed I was a country club, spending the night.  Thinking no one was around, I heard noises and went to investigate.  There I found the end of a gathering of people, including a friend of mine, a former high school cheerleader,

As we were alone, I told her how everyone admired her in her younger days.  This truthfulness instantly backfired and she was offended.  I regretted being honest and saying what was on my mind. Then later she softened and started being nice to me, wanting to ask me out.  Now it was me, wanted to back off, to flip the script.  This was not how I wanted it to be.

It made me think that we might be destined to do the exact things over and over again in life.  Our personality is not going to change, no matter the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment