Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finally a weekend home

Back in McAllen I did enjoy this weekend home. Friday night we had the Memorial v. Rowe High School football game. I went with my friend John S. whose son Alex is also in the band. We enjoy the games (particularly the band) together. Memorial scored with a nice pass play right away and won 63-33.

Early today I went for a 11 mile run (at 0500) with my running friend Kristi. We had to go a bit early because I had agreed to assist our church in some painting starting at 0745. We had a group of 6 and went to another local church to assist. That church has an aging population and doesn't really have a group like ours to assist. So we painted 7 door different colors. Got a lot of paint on my hands.

I joked that I was doing my community service. "Paying your fines?" asked Father Philip. I had a good laugh since we give out so much community service in court.

I got home in time to watch the end of the UT/OU game which the Horns won. I dozed off and slept a good part of the afternoon. Then I got up because Susan and I were going to dinner and then the Pigskin Marching Contest which the Memorial band has been working towards all year. Dinner was good and it was fun to be together. We got some coffee afterwards and drove the 20 minutes west to La Joya. The band did great, weather was cool and the band scored a top mark of 1. So everyone was very happy. They are partying til 0100 tonight.

Tomorrow I'm playing golf early and then heading to Dallas for a business meeting and a business round of golf at The Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment