Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meeting all sorts of new people

Today I was set up on a blind date of sorts. I had received a call wanting to know if I wanted to play in a golf tournament with a new club member. The call was from the club pro so he had a bit of sway. Having considered playing and being free, and thinking I'd give one for the team, I said "Sure". So after we talked on the phone, I went to meet "Roger" today.

Since it was a blind date, I figured he'd be tall, dark and handsome and ... I was right. Turned out we became fast friends and played a good round of golf together. We shot a 66 which was not far from the lead in our flight. So we've got a chance tomorrow. No one can claim we were ringers since neither of us knew each other before today.

We also played with my friend Julie's brother, who I didnt' know beforehand.

Also this week, I met two interesting people at the Heathly Valley Makeover Challenge, their writer Mary who writes under the name Jael Ravalyn. Since that rhymed with Davalyn, my very oldest childhood friend, I thought that was cool. I also met the person who was made over, Herlinda, fresh from losing 100 lbs. She said she was going to run a marathon so I'm already a supporter of that worthy goal.

So its a good thing when you get to put new numbers in your phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment