Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday May 9

Tonight's the night - to bed by 11! So I'll make this short. I've got two books by the bedside waiting. One a classic "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence" From what I've read so far, it's heavy on the Zen and light on the motorcycles.

Speaking of, I witnessed a car/motorcycle accident while bicycling Saturday. I could have been part of it :( I was in the right lane (left wheel position) and signaling by hand to move lanes (from the right lane to the middle). A motorcycle had just pulled up and stopped at the light and I was going to tuck in beside it. Before moving left , I heard and saw a car screeching to a halt on my left , tires sliding. It hit the motorcycle stopped ... fortunately it didnt' knock the rider or cycle over or even much forward. The car stopped and - the driver yelled at me "What were you doing! I was watching you! You had your hand out!"

Talking to the motorcyclist, he had a Rider's Edge badge on ( the same course I took). He said "Its her responsibility to maintain the distance". So, as Billy Martin said - blame it all on me.
He was particularly calm - impressive!

There were thankfully no injuries and they exchanged info and insurance. I gave each a card, said "I'll let you handle this" and rode off - to a safer road.

Closest I've come to any accident - glad not be in it. Moral: Stay away from busy streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment