Monday, May 16, 2011

Trip to Houston

We got back from Houston on Sunday, having to come back a little early. Our friend Oscar Cardenas died over the weekend. He had just turned 50 last summer. While that sounds young, he had Muscular Dystrophy for many years. He was not supposed to live nearly so long, so he accomplished a lot: graduted from Texas A&M, owned 2 businesses, travelled, drove, had many friends. He was one of the first people I met in McAllen. "Hard not to meet him" said one person.

Friday I went to the Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine Institute for a VO2 max test. It was a combo cardiace stress/max oxygen test. My numbers for 175 heart rate and 44 Ml which was measured in the 80th percentile. I needed improvement in strength and flexibility. Afterwards, I went by the Galleria for a present for Joel whose birthday is May 20. We all met for dinner at El Meson which was a lot of fun. We had the Paella along with Ceviche, Quail and red snapper.

Saturday Susan and I were back at the Galleria. We had a good time together and had lunch at the Daily Grill. Saturday night was Nicole's party. It was fun to be there with but apart with the kids. They ended up staying up late.

Sunday John and I went riding in the Memorial Park trails on my new bike that has been at his house since December. There were lots of ups and downs, roots and rocks. It was pretty exciting, and I've got the road rash to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment